Seneca

"Not because it is unattainable, we do not dare, but because we do not dare, it is unattainable." Seneca

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - Shanghai I

Back at the airport at 7 am. Lucky that I am! My booking had been adjusted to a flight at noon. Imagine I would have turned up then as needed for my 2 pm scheduled flight...

Well finally had the opportunity to call my contact (For that I also had to fight. They wanted me to use one of the airport telephones. Those are being operated with magnet cards which I neither have nor know how to obtain. So I insisted on using their old dirty telephone which did work. A miracle. Hilarious also - the attendant did dial the number I gave her but wanted to talk to the person phoned herself. The second she realised it was another English speaking human she handed me the phone rather quickly - lol.)

After check-in and security some quality time: men at work. ;)


Too cute!


On board of the plane and FINALLY of to SHANGHAI!


Shanghai is the largest Chinese city by population and the largest city proper by population in the world. It is one of the four direct-controlled municipalities, with a total population of near 24 million as of 2013. It is a global financial center, and a transport hub with the world's busiest container port. Located in the Yangtze River Delta in East China.


After landing I was treated to a drive around town. 
Ending at the Bund - a waterfront area in central Shanghai.


Pretty by day and alive by night:


Midnight in Shanghai - beim Spießchenmann! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment