Seneca

"Not because it is unattainable, we do not dare, but because we do not dare, it is unattainable." Seneca

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Friday, December 06, 2013 - Lost in transit in ISTANBUL

Cyclone Xaver f*** with me - due to him my flight was cancelled. :(
So instead of leaving Berlin with Turkish Airlines as planed on the 06.12.13 around noon...
... I had the choice of staying another night in Berlin (with nowhere to go to but an hotel) or 
taking the delayed afternoon flight to Istanbul and see what happens there.
To not miss another flight if the weather was as bad the following morning 
I decided to make my way to Istanbul.
In Berlin I was told the winter storm was an act of nature beyond the control of the airline. 
So in Istanbul I would have to ensure my accommodation myself. 
Reaching Istanbul the staff there was quite accommodating and organised transport as well as accommodation (http://www.goldenagehotel.com/).


Since I had until 3pm before we would be transferred back to the airport 
I made my way to the Bosporus.

Many pastry shops on the way... sniff!




No comments:

Post a Comment