Seneca

"Not because it is unattainable, we do not dare, but because we do not dare, it is unattainable." Seneca

Friday, January 3, 2014

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - Christmas Day!

This is Gulshan Ladies Park - close to our house.
One of the nice places - if one dares to say so. ;)
Among other amenities it boosts a jogging track. Jogging is translated with going for a walk. If one is up for it even at a brisk pace! ;) I like to start my trips by walking through this park...




They have little patches where they grow things.
If for the park or as merchandise I am not sure of.


The picture unfortunately does not do them justice but the roses are actually quite pretty.


This is one of the two circles of Gulshan. Called Gulshan-2. I like the advertisements.

 This one in particular. Whats up guys?! ;)
 

By day and ...


... by night.


Crossing the bridge from Gulshan to Banani.
Due to Christmas I have 5 consecutive days off. Yay! So far we went everywhere by rickshaw. To get a better impression of the streets I decided to do some walking. Also to be able to find my way if I get lost or one of the drivers tries something phony on me... Also one gotta watch out since one gets no excercise here what so ever - except one makes sure of it oneself.


Quite pretty - so please do not look to closely.


Lush and green and ... what could you want more?


Well the pottery is not quite my thing...


The young playing cricket - I believe.


There are high rises everywhere. The demand is there for sure. But not the ability to supply electricity, water and gas. So as long as the needed concessions for these are not obtained it stays a building site ... and stays and stays...


Dhaka - Mymensingh Highway - also called Airport Road - one of the lifelines.


We are in a nice apartment on the 15th floor.
With a lovely view over Banani Graveyard on the one...



... and a lovely view over Kurmitola Golf Club on the other side.



The apartment belongs to a person who also takes part in managing Aarong (the store we visited on the 13.12). One of his flatmates is a German whose family is in Dhaka for Christmas. For the occasion there is a big lunch - even with hired musicians. Samia was so kind to take me to this event...


The sister of the German, Monzur and Samia.



Monzur being cheeky once again. ;) <3


We arrived there around 12:30ish I left at 3pm since I had to get back and ready for the Dinner invite.
I should have stayed - since later they got to play with fake snow and there was some awesome chocolate cake I missed out on as well. :S


Traffic on Mymensingh Highway


This is inside the dark high rise building on one of the pictures further up. Despite the building not being finished - and you never know how long that might take - business is rolling...


Picturesque?


Cut the surroundings and you can manifest lovely even mysterious views of Dhaka.



A close up of the common buses here.


Does not look that bad from the outside..


Well I should not have feared that I would miss out on the good stuff...


Yay! Christmas Dinner at the Dutch Club with colleagues & their acquaintances.


So the nationalities we got are: Germany, US, Albania, Dutch and Eritrea.

No comments:

Post a Comment