Seneca

"Not because it is unattainable, we do not dare, but because we do not dare, it is unattainable." Seneca

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Friday, December 27, 2013 - CS meeting?!

Roaming the hood for the third time. Getting tired of the surrounding desperation. 
This morning I passed a building site which is used as mosque, well maybe it is going to be one. I think it is considered a gracious act for Muslims to give charity before or after visiting the mosque. Therefore the disabled, poor and desperate accumulated as well. 
I felt like a big fat well-fed monster while making my way through them. I have been told to avoid handing out money in my close neighborhood if I do not want a loyal group of followers whenever I leave the house...


Why would you happen to have a German cosmetics store in Dhaka? Tell me that. 
Well there must be demand - then again this one looks pretty closed...


Crossing over to Banani:
want to check out the shopping district Road 11 and the Central Gulshan Mosque.


Well I thought there would be no sweets in Bangladesh.
Not sure why I thought that...


Birdies! :D


Would love to have one - but the diseases or stuff they might carry...



Went looking for an three piece or Saree. 
Like it, that this store has price tags on his merchandise so I do not have to negotiate.


This is considered a slum - I was told.


Misery in sepia still looks kind of classy.
Isn't that some fucked up thought?



Central Gulshan Mosque. 
To be honest I had hoped for something more... well... traditional style? 
Even though this is cool in it's own way.


Sometimes I wish items could tell their story:


Would you like some chicken?
Usually they are arranged more tidy or one could say pleasing.


Found in a park I fled in from one of the street merchants.
Called Gulshan Tank?! Park.


I was invited to a CS meeting by Samia.
CS for Couch Surfing. You can sign up and then stay for free at peoples places who signed up as well. Guest and host rate each other. It is an international thing. I believe I signed up myself back in 2008 but never actually used it.


Well nothing was discussed as far as I can say but we had loads of fun.


So we got:
Nile, Jester, a friend and Monzur as well as
Ambra (Italy), Samia, and Rafal (German/Polish)


We were teasing Samia how she should save up to find an husband suggesting Rafal for the job. He played along lovely. The idea came up that at least a Harley needs to be part of the deal before marriage could be considered...

No comments:

Post a Comment